Re: Hugh's long sig was ->Re: Looking for WINE

Chris Jones wrote:

Hugo Rabson wrote:

Jay Daniels wrote:-

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 03:17:33PM +0100, Hugh Foster wrote:

[...a long signature...]

Shouldn't long sigs like this be filtered or banned?

His domain is servisair.com so I presume abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx will be glad to
receive your complaint. If not, you might want to look through the website
for a Customer Service e-mail address and go from there.

-Hugo

More reliable than abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx should be postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Postmaster is a required mailbox.

Although postmaster is supposed to be a 'required' mailbox, it does not mean it is ever read, many organizations redirect it to /dev/null, due to people abusing it, like you guys are planning to do. Legitimate complaints should go to abuse, and if it does not exist, then postmaster may not exist either and the owner of the domain may not care about your complaint.

On our system, both abuse and postmaster are redirected through spam and virus filters to a ticketing system. We used to have postmaster send an error indicating messages should be directed to support or abuse, due to Mail Washer plugging the postmaster mailbox since it sends all rejected messages to your own ISP rather than the spammers ISP {I am certain they will burn in hell}.