Re: signature.asc files

Fritz Whittington wrote:

On or about 2004-04-27 10:31, David Collantes whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

"Some user complained that my PGP messages are attachments!
That user is using obsolete and broken software. PGP/MIME is the only
way to use PGP with email that is actually specified (RFC 2015) and not

[...]

Good then, I assume no one will have a problem with S/MIME signed messages
either, right?

I certainly hope not! For years I have made it a habit to sign all my email. In that way, if someone ever pops up and says I sent such-and-such an email, and it's NOT signed, I can argue that it was forged more likely than not. OR, if it's signed but doesn't verify, I can prove it's been modified. And the signed copy from my "Sent Mail" archives can prove exactly what I did send.

We don't need no stinkin' verification.

Use pgp for official communications.

Mailing list's are NOT official communications, and pgp is just a waste of bandwidth.

This list is for user support of Fedora Core 1. Unless you work for RedHat and are making official statements, nothing you need to say warrants pgp.

Since you don't need pgp when communicating on public mailing lists who cares if mozilla does not recognize you pgp signature, it shouldn't be there anyway.