Re: signature.asc files

On or about 2004-04-27 11:47, Fritz Whittington whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

On or about 2004-04-27 10:31, David Collantes whipped out a trusty #2 pencil and scribbled:

"Some user complained that my PGP messages are attachments!
That user is using obsolete and broken software. PGP/MIME is the only
way to use PGP with email that is actually specified (RFC 2015) and not

[...]

Good then, I assume no one will have a problem with S/MIME signed messages
either, right?

I certainly hope not! For years I have made it a habit to sign all my email. In that way, if someone ever pops up and says I sent such-and-such an email, and it's NOT signed, I can argue that it was forged more likely than not. OR, if it's signed but doesn't verify, I can prove it's been modified. And the signed copy from my "Sent Mail" archives can prove exactly what I did send.

However, it appears that the addition of the fedora-list signature which the mailing list software adds is doing something to confuse at least Mozilla 1.7b. I can see the:

block in the message source, but Mozilla doesn't show it as signed. It shows it properly from my "Sent Mail" folder, however. I'm pretty sure this is just a bug with the beta Mozilla, however.

--
Fritz Whittington
TI Alum - http://www.tialumni.org