Re: Is this better? - was Hugh's long .sig

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 11:08, Hugh Foster wrote:
> In order to fit this list better, I have moved my subscription from my
> servisair.com address to this, my home account, the software for which
> can format mail dependent on where it's going. It will cost me, as I
> have to dialup for this rather than use the LAN, but if it keeps the
> peace, it's worth it.
>
> My apologies for the disruption.
I think your sig here is okay, but do you really want to sign off with an apology for disruption? ;)

I think the main problem is not so much you, just the general attitude
towards Sig's. It's fair (I think) to get upset when reading a list and
having HUGE sigs put on every thing.

Companies should really try to shorten them, and also have it so that if
posting to a world readable list, then at worst have a sig that just
says this person does not represent the company in their opinion. As
apposed to every thing else.

I am currently resisting implementing signatures at my company until
they come up with one that is not 500 lines long.

Doug