Re: Problem with monitor/keyboard/mouse switch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Guy Fraser" <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 4:12 PM
Subject: Re: Problem with monitor/keyboard/mouse switch

> I have a D-Link 4-Port PS2 KVM at home and it works perfectly with Linux,
FreeBSD, Win98 and Win XP.

> At work we have a Belkin 16-Port PS2 KVM and it works perfectly as well.
>
> In the past we had other KVM's that did not work as well, we ended up not
being able to use the mouse port on the windows machines and had to attach a
mouse to each machine {what a mess that was}.

> A good KVM with 'keep alive' support is going to cost at least US$25 per
port, so if you find a 4 port KVM for under US$100 it likely won't have
support for keyboard and mouse "keep alive".

> Good luck

Guy: could you please let me know the model of the D-Link so I can check
that one out as well?  Enquiring right now about the Linksys 4 port but
haven't heard yet.

Much appreciated
  Dave