Re: NFS over VPN?

Erik Karu wrote:
Hi,

I have two FC1 boxes acting as "servers" (A and B) on
different locations and three "workstations" behind
both of those machines. I'm planning to connect the
servers with VPN (using freeswan module from Dag).
Then I would be able to use NFS securely between my
networks.

Server A has the essential project directory /proj
which is listed in its /etc/exports and of course the
machines behind it can mount it via NFS. And so could
probably server B when connected with VPN. But how to
provide the /proj directory to the machines behind
server B? AFAIK "recursive" NFS mounts or "exporting
NFS mount" is not a sane solution?

I would (and have) use openvpn to create the secure link between servers A and B. With proper routing the machines behind server B can just NFS mount /proj directly off of server A.

A rude ASCII illustration of my setup, I believe this is very common:

                              /proj
1   2   3                            1   2   3

With kindest regards,

Erik.