Update on problems creating iteraid driver disk

Hi folks,

A while back i posted about trying to create iteraid driver disks for
FC1.  With the help of David Kewley's instructions
(http://www.klab.caltech.edu/~kewley/driverdisk/dd.html) on using Doug
Ledford's driver kit (http://people.redhat.com/dledford/), i managed to
create a proper driver disk.

However, the bad news is that it still doesn't work.  When the driver is
inserted, it complains about versioned module symbols (i think in the
scsi_mod driver) being missing.

My question is: what is the method for controlling the presence or
absence of module symbol versioning in the boot kernel?  It seems to be
different to that used in the normal kernel, because i can boot from a
non-RAID drive and insmod the driver just fine.

Alternatively, am i missing something else?  Perhaps the need to compile
my own version of scsi_mod and include it in the driver disk?

If anyone could point me to some relevant documentation on this, i would
be grateful.  Googling for the appropriate keywords has proved to be
futile - a needle & haystack job.
--
Paul
http://paulgear.webhop.net