Re: NFS Mounts

>   I have two Linux systems - one Fedora and one SuSE. I'm attempting to
> mount a file system from one on the other (either way).
>
> I've placed the file system in /etc/exports and done an exportfs -a to
> populate xtab. nfsd and rpc.mountd are running. I've put ALL:ALL in
> /etc/hosts.allow. The host names are in each others hosts files.

Hmm, don't think NFS is under [x]inetd, thus does not fall under
the /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny parade.  I'm under the
impression that those two files only play ballet with [x]inetd
applications.

> mount hostname:/home/shared /mnt/hostname

I think in order to do "hostname" you'll have to have the
"hostname" and it's ipaddr mapped into /etc/hosts.  I'd try the
following first to troubleshoot.

mount 192.168.1.12:/home/shared /mnt/hostname

Meaning, replace the "hostname" with the real ipaddr of the
machine.  Just my thoughts on this.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
PO Box 210076