Re: NFS Mounts

Rob Freeman wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Weisenstein" <dan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 23, 2004 2:00 PM
Subject: NFS Mounts

I have two Linux systems - one Fedora and one SuSE. I'm attempting to
mount a file system from one on the other (either way).

I've placed the file system in /etc/exports and done an exportfs -a to
populate xtab. nfsd and rpc.mountd are running. I've put ALL:ALL in
/etc/hosts.allow. The host names are in each others hosts files.

mount hostname:/home/shared /mnt/hostname

always returns a permission denied. What am I missing?

Thanks- Dan

Just a guess, but does the user trying to mount this have rights to
/mnt/hostname?

Well, I'm doing this all as root, so I would assume so. I also have /etc/hosts.equiv populated... Another clue maybe - if I try to rsh, I get a connection refused.

Dan