Re: Dual head AGP video card recommendations

On Fri, 23 Apr 2004, Ben Steeves wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-04-23 at 15:38, Polashek, Matthew wrote:
> > I am looking into getting going with a dual head video set up.  Anyone have
> > any recommendations that include the phrase "really easy to set up and use?"
>
> Matrox dualhead cards are very easy to set up and have good 2D
> performance, but little or no 3D performance.

The Matrox cards have hardware acceleration.  It is not the speed of the
nVIDIA cards, but it is not too bad.  (I have played Carmageddon TDR 3000
on a 440Max card with no problems at all.)

If you don't need to run top of the line first person shooters (which
would be difficult on two monitors anyways), then the matrox card is a
good option.