Re: Gnu Pascal?

Bill Kenney wrote:

On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 14:06, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

"JLT" == Jason L Tibbitts, <Jason> writes:

JLT> Has anyone tried to package gpc for Fedora?

It seems not, so I spent some time on it and managed to build packages
for Red Hat 9 which seem to work well enough.  I'll try building
FC1 packages next.  If anyone has any interest in these packages,
please let me know.  If anyone thinks these might be useful in Fedora
Extras or some other repository, please let me know what I should do
to move in that direction.

- J<

Thanks JLT

I still use Pascal. It is a good programming language.
I started on a VAX/VMS system, moved to Turbo Pascal-Delphi-Kylix and
still find it very useful.

It would be interesting to have those rpms on a repository. A few universities , for example , use Pascal as the first computer language taught to first-time computer programmers. So , it would be interesting to have rpms handy for these first time programmers....
And we have to remmember that many people still like to code in pascal...

--
Pedro Macedo