System freezing

My system has started to freeze unpredictably - by that I mean that I cannot recreate the problem. I suspect the problem might be the Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter that I have just installed.

Although the Adapter is physically installed I have yet to sort out the set-up because this model does not appear in the list of supported hardware in the Network Configuration. So ... my questions are this:

1. have I probably identified the cause of the system freezing?
2. How to set up the PCI Adapter - is it possible use one of those in the list or do I have to try and source some drivers from either Linksys or some other source?

Thanks.

Dave