Re: updfstab.conf and Sandisk Cruzer Mini USB flash RAM

On Wed, 2004-04-07 at 14:09, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Mikko Huhtala (mhuhtala@xxxxxx) said:
> >
> > The /etc/updfstab.conf.default file shipped with Fedora does not
> > include the product id for the Sandisk Cruzer Mini USB flash
> > rams. These things show up in /proc/bus/usb/devices as
> >
> > S:  Product=Cruzer Mini
> >
> > I have tried to add either 'match hd Cruzer' or 'match hd "Cruzer
> > Mini"' to the flash device section in /etc/updfstab.conf.default, but
> > neither work. I tried on both FC1 and FC2 test 2. Updfstab will not
> > put /mnt/flash in fstab with these settings, although the device is
> > clearly present in /proc and the name matches. Another USB flash RAM
> > that shows up as 'Product=Flash Disk' works just fine with the 'match
> > hd Flash' that is included in the default file. The Sandisk device can
> > be mounted and it works, so the kernel has apparently no problem with
> > it, but updfstab just fails.
> >
> > I'm mystified. Why does updfstab hate the Sandisk unit?
>
> Can you attach the hwconf stanza for the device?
>
> Bill

After reading this thread, I tried to get my SanDisk Cruzer working, and
all I did was add this:

device cruzer {
    partition 1
    match hd Cruzer
}

It creates a mount point called /mnt/cruzer in /etc/fstab and sets the
options correctly.  The only problem I have is that it can only be
mounted by root unless I change the permissions and ownership of the
device, in this usual case it's /dev/sda1.

I'm trying to put work on a script in /etc/hotplug/usb that will
automaticly change the permissions and ownership of the device (copied
from /etc/hotplug/usb/usbcam) and then mount it, but I don't know how to
set up usb.distmap, usb.handmap, and usb.usermap in /etc/hotplug to
recognize the Cruzer.  I can figure out what idVendor and idProduct are
(0x0781 and 0x8888) but I don't know where match_flags comes from.

Edward Hooper