Re: I broke Mozilla

Matt,

Thanks -- didn't realize that my mozilla was that far behind the current release. I decided to force a reinstall (rpm -U replacepkgs) of the older version, just to make sure I knew how to solve the problem without upgrading. I'm thinking I must have created the problem by downloading the wrong plugin, so the possibility I might repeat the error made me want a more basic solution.

Problem solved, but would be have been easier to do if YUM had a forced mode like rpm does. Guess you can't have everything!

I did run into a tutorial on adding multi-media plugins to mozilla that is pretty cool, and learned more about configuring YUM in the process:

http://techpubs.sgi.com/library/dynaweb_docs/linux/usr/HOWTO/Fedora-Multimedia-Installation-HOWTO.html#introduction

Thanks again for your help! Richard