FC2-t2 network setup question (how to allow incoming connections)

hi-

 Hopefully this is a simple deal, the security model of FC2 sure
is different than RH9...

 I wish to allow incoming SSH and telnetconnections to the FC2
machine (for now at least), however any remote contact except
ping is 'administratively denied'.

 As a quick test I tried adding "+:ALL:ALL" to
/etc/security/access.conf, but it has no affect.  Is there a
process I should HUP to forece reeval of the config file ?

 I have changed /etc/sysconfig/selinux cfg to 'disabled'.

 Thank you.

ron