Re: Opinions on Exchange options

On Tue, 2004-04-13 at 10:09, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> So if you need a GUI frontend for mail server administration
> http://www.kerio.com/kms_home.html might be worth a check and test. It
> is Sendmail based, virus checking is available, it has a simple GUI and
> is available for Windows[tm] as well as Linux. It is no "all-you-want"
> groupware solution, but speaking about Linux environments there are a
> couple of free and easy products available. Just do a quick search at
> http://freshmeat.net.

	Hey, I work for Kerio (I'm the chief tech support engineer for the US),
so feel free to take my opinion with a grain of salt. :-) Still, I like
the product.

	Oh, and Kerio MailServer 6 may be what you're looking for, when it
comes out. I don't think I can say more than that on a public list, but
you can email info@xxxxxxxxx, probably, for more information. :-)

	(Also, slight correction -- it's not Sendmail-based; we have our own
MTA. It *does* use SpamAssassin and OpenSSL, though, with a nice GUI to
interact with them. And the GUI can remote admin from Windows/Mac/Linux,
so you can admin the machine from whatever OS you're comfortable with.
[The product can also run on all those platforms, too, FWIW. :-) We ran
it on Fedora at the main office for a long time, since myself and the
sysadmin are big Fedora fans.])

	-Max