Re: RH rips again Was: extend EOL for Red Hat Linux 9?

At 18:39 4/13/2004, you wrote:
What I was trying to show is that
RedHat marketing should have done good faith renewals or refunds to
anyone having been automatically renewed when less than 12 months were
left on the product's life.  Most people signed up to RHN when there was
no plans to discontinue producing RHL.  That is all I was trying to get
across.

Luc, I agree that it would have been a smart marketing strategy for RH to offer partial refunds to those who strongly felt they wanted to discontinue RHN service after RHL-9 EOL. So if you had RHN until June, I think it would have been smart marketing for RH to offer you a $10 refund for the two months after RHL-9 EOL... and of course terminate your access to RHN on April 30th, too.

However, this thread was not about what { wiser | smarter | nicer | better-received } things RH could have done with their marketing. Guy Fraser said he felt ripped off and that RH's behavior was unethical; several of us have been rebutting that assertion.

Cheers,

-- Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx http://www.simpaticus.com