Re: A curse on LABEL=

On Sun, 2004-04-11 at 09:58, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I honestly expected to be shown simple, likely to occur, scenarios
> where LABELs are helpful,
> but all the examples that have been suggested
> are ones I cannot imagine a non-guru like me ever encountering.

Guess again.  I provide tech-support for Linux-based machines at my
university because as soon as the helpdesk hears "linux", they throw up
their hands and run away.  The most common cause of "my computer won't
boot" is a) they've installed a new hard drive/optical drive and b)
they're running a version of Linux which doesn't support LABEL.  It's
way more common than you think.

--
Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs@xxxxxxxxxx
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )               ben.steeves@xxxxxx