Re: MythTV and capture drivers for FC/RHL, rpms, HOWTOs and lists (was: Linux PVR [was] Is Linux ...frustrating)

about myth tv, i'm looking to get my 5 year old a new computer (her's is
an aging pII 300 (first gen, made in 97 i think) and it has an EXCELLENT
tv out.  now, i've read that mythtv and freevo need something like a
1.8ghz box to work correctly, is that still true?  has anyone gottenthem
to run on a lower end box?  (she can do capture on her computer now under
windows without problems after i enabled dma)  otherwise it'll be just a
divx/ogg box, but there are worse things to havein the living room =]

-d

Axel Thimm said:
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2004 at 05:03:04PM -0400, Matt Morgan wrote:
>> [snip]
>> On 04/07/2004 04:04 PM, Michael Gargiullo wrote:
>> >If your video card is an ATIRadeon 8xxx or 9xxx series card ATI's
>> drivers will work (TV out and all).  I'm using an ATI 9200 with
>> Mythtv  (LOVE IT!)  output display's fine on the TV, and using ATrpms
>> site for the YUM repository, it's as simple as yum install
>> mythtv-suite.  They also have a great fedora-core HOW-TO at
>> mythtv.org.
>
>> I looked and couldn't find that fedora core how-to. Lots of great docs
>>  though. If you could point me straight to the fedora doc, I'd
>> appreciate  it. Thanks.
>
> Here are some links:
>
> http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
> http://atrpms.physik.fu-berlin.de/install.html
>
> Any comments on mythtv itself, or the packaging of it are best posted at
> the relevant lists. For you embarking into the pleasent journey of
> runing a PVR on Linux I suggest the following lists:
>
> o ATrpms user list (packaging or Fedora Core/Red Hat Linux related):
> o MythTV user list (non-packaging, non-drivers issues):
> o ivtv user list (non-packaging issues about PVR x50):
>   http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=73219
> o v4l list for bttv/saa7134/cx88 drivers
>   https://listman.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/video4linux-list
> o DVB drivers
>   http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/
>
> Enjoy! :)
> --
> Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net

-+(duncan brown
-+(duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
-+(http://www.linuxadvocate.net

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy
evidence of the fact.
                -- George Eliot