Re: MUA Filters vs Procmail filters[was] RE: Mailing list procmail recipe

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 00:23, Jay Daniels wrote:

> About Maildir
> If anyone knows any reason to use Maildir format beside just putting
> mail in your home directory, please comment?  I personally don't see
> any benefits since mbox has worked great for years on many systems
> around the world.

	On an under powered machine, with large mailboxes, Maildir works
faster.. My server here is a screaming P166 with 144 megs... I had
10,000+ e-mails in it (it sux to get behind on mailing lists), and it
just crawled.. By moving to Maildir, it only reads the one file at a
time... Ok, searches are a bit slower, but a lot more bearable then
where I was at..

--
Homer Parker                    /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
BOFH for homershut.net          \ / No HTML/RTF in email

"Bill Gates reports on security progress made and the challenges ahead."
-- Microsoft's Homepage, on the day an SQL Server bug crippled large
   sections of the Internet.