Re: Is Linux always so frustating^

Andre Costa wrote:

Don't forget to pressure companies into providing better (decent)
support for Linux -- specially if the lack of such support led you to
drop their hardware for one that offers better compatibility, this
should hit them where it really hurts (their wallet).

Most of the times it doesn't yield results in the short term, but it
pays off in the long run. I do this everytime I can, eg. my internet
banking only worked with IE =/ I filed bug reports, called them, told
them I only use Linux and they were denying me access to my account. It
took some time, but now they have proper Linux support.

Just my $0.02 ;)

Best,

Andre

Especially if you can use their money to complain to them. Toll free lines and wait on hold until you get an answer is usually fun. I like using other peoples money. :)

--
Robin Laing