Re: problems with gmplayer

Around 06:57pm on Thursday, April 08, 2004 (UK time), xiaohuli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scrawled:

> I build mplayer form source ( 1.0pretry2 ) and I have
> problems with its gui.  When i do gmplayer &, all I got
> ia a blank window and another small window which says
> "Error".  No amount of clicking will get them to do
> anything and I could not even close them.  On the
> terminal, it shows gmplayer's status as "stopped".

Not sure if it will help, but after ./configure, make and make install I
had to do the following.

Download one of the skins, untar it to ~/mplayer/Skin, and rename the
directory it creates within this to default.

Copy a .ttf file from somewhere on your system to ~/mplayer/subfont.ttf,
and set this to be the default font using the preferences when you first
run the gui version. Enter gmplayer to run the gui version.

See http://www.stevesearle.com/tech/fed.core1.ws.html#mplayer for full
details.

Cheers

Steve