FC1 on Intel 440GX

I am having an issue installing FC1 on an Intel 440GX motherboard, and specifically the problem appears to be with the Adaptec AIC7xxx driver which just hangs, and anaconda never does find any disks to install to. I have had this issue in the past with other machines, and in the past the apic vs noapic option to the kernel seemed to work, as did pulling down the correct Adaptec DUD and using that as my driver disk. However, none of these are working, and i was wondering if anyone else has found this problem and a possiblem solution.

Any resonse would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Weiner