Re: Simultaneous sounds with ALSA?

Jonathan Rawle wrote:
> I've installed and used ALSA in FC1 with no problems. I use the packages
> from freshrpms.net. I hope they haven't messed up hardware mixing in FC2 as
> it would be nice to have proper ALSA support built into the distro.

I had the same issues with FC2 test2... But now it appears that its just
dropping sounds instead of playing them a few minutes later. I don't know if
this has to do with me turning on the OSS compatibility stuff, which didn't
come set up by default on FC2 test2, or if its new package updates. I'll need
to play around more, I guess.

> Now the only problem is stopping arts from loading itself!

I seem to be getting that latency with FC2 test2. I have it running too. If you
figure it out, I'd be very happy. What do you suggest for software mixing then?
Alsa with OSS compatibility?