Re: Is Linux always so frustating^

On Thu, 2004-04-08 at 10:34, Robin Laing wrote:

We all have to learn some times.  Patience with anything new is
something that many people don't have now adays.  Of course Microsoft
depends on this.

I have had my problems with Linux and hardware and it has been
compounded by manufacturers that provide drivers only to find that the
drivers do not provide full features.  My latest problem was with a
ATI 9600 and no DRI using the ATI supplied drivers.  I replaced it
with a Nvidia.

One of the things that I love about linux is that if forces you to really learn about your system and all aspects of computing - hardware, software, networking, programing, etc.   Once you get you system customized to your liking your really walk away with a greater understanding of computers in general.

just my $.02...

Eric

--
Eric Krieger <fedora@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>