I guess thats what public companies do, keep the shareholders happy at the
expense of the grass roots.

James Ralston wrote:

On 2004-04-02 at 09:16:48+0100 Mark J Cox <mjc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Red Hat Linux 9 distribution will reach its end-of-life for errata
maintenance on April 30, 2004. This means that from May 1, 2004 we
will not be producing new security, bugfix, or enhancement updates
for this product.

I think it would be a very good idea for Red Hat to continue (at the minimum) security errata maintenance for Red Hat Linux 9 until Fedora Core 2 has been out for, say, 30 days or so.

This will permit people who did not upgrade to FC1 to upgrade directly
from RHL9 to FC2 and maintain security errata support, without having
to first upgrade to FC1.

Thoughts?

Fedora Core 2 is not scheduled to be released until 2004-05-10 (and
that date may slip).