Re: program "fly" on Fedora

Am Mi, den 07.04.2004 schrieb Mike Rambour um 20:47:

>    I am trying to set up my web pages and have been using a program called
> "fly" to create a graphical web counter on RH 7.  I can't get fly to run on
> Fedora, has anyone tried this ? or is there a better one out there now
> since I notice fly is a older program.
>
>   The one that I had built on RH7 is not working and when I try to build
> the version 2 of fly, I get that /usr/lib/web is missing.  I must be
> missing some required package but not sure which one, I thought I followed
> the instructions correctly.
>
>    http://martin.gleeson.com/fly/  is the URL to get it, I am going to try
> one of the older pre-built binaries now and see if they work.
>
> 	mike

Mike,

please do not hijack foreign threads!

If posting a mail with a fresh new subject to the list, do NOT use a
different posting and press reply. This will cause thread hijacking -
like you did. Your mail now contains misleading references
to the "Re: Some problems getting started" thread.

With the program "fly", you will have to edit the Makefile. I had a
short look at the source. You need the libs - the *-devel RPM packages -
to compile the source and you need to adjust/remove the libraries and
includes path dir directing to /usr/local/web/...

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 22:39:12 up 19 days, 6:20, load average: 0.53, 0.29, 0.21
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]