Re: Digital music volume problem.

for xmms the volume normalizer plugin can help.

http://www.xmms.org/plugins.php?details=23

on the hardware side... I have a device called a compresser limiter that
does essentially the same thing, it's probably a little spendy for just
plonking between your sound output and your speakers on random pc's but
it's a useful tool for radio-stations, home-theater rigs, and some video
conferencing applications (what we got it for).

joelja

Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       joelja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx