Re: Decent Open Source Service Monitor app

On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 13:30, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Di, den 06.04.2004 schrieb Rui Miguel Seabra um 19:01:
>
> > On Tue, 2004-04-06 at 11:05 -0400, Mark Haney wrote:
> > > I'm looking for a good open source service monitor.  I just need something
> > > that will monitor specific services or ports and can send an email if the
> > > service fails.  I don't mind using Big Brother or something like that, but
> > > it's really overkill on our network.  Can someone point me in a good
> > > direction that can handle Linux and Windows boxes?
> >
> > http://www.nagios.org is quite fine!
>
> Dag Wieers has nagios packages for FC1 at
> http://dag.wieers.com/packages/ (through his repository of course too)
>
> > Rui
>
> Alexander

Ditto!

Nagios is great.  If you can script a little, you can write your own
plugins for devices that are one off, like highend wireless gear,  Cable
Modem systems, or even video gear.

We run it, and bought a network enabled temp sensor to monitor the temp
in our server rooms.