Re: rdate not setting the date

Bill Johnson wrote:

I searched, but didn't see an answer to this. I have always used rdate to keep my system clock in sync with time.nist.gov NTP time server. When daylight savings time hit this past weekend, I noticed that the time on my laptop did not change. I tried to do it manually, with no affect. Is there a problem with rdate under fedora?

If I run rdate -s time.nist.gov, I get a message displayed:

Alarm clock

but no change to the system time. I have also tried other NTP servers with the exact same result. I get the same result if I try rdate -p time.nist.gov (or any other NTP server).

Any suggestions?  I miss the assurance of my laptop time being accurate.

Run it again..

I sometimes have to run rdate -s three or four times before it works..