Re: rdate not setting the date

On Monday 05 Apr 2004 11:58, Bill Johnson wrote:
> I searched, but didn't see an answer to this.  I have always used rdate
> to keep my system clock in sync with time.nist.gov NTP time server.
> When daylight savings time hit this past weekend, I noticed that the
> time on my laptop did not change.  I tried to do it manually, with no
> affect.  Is there a problem with rdate under fedora?

Check the list archives for a message I wrote a week ago (when Europe
switched to summer time) entitled "FYI: /etc/localtime and changing to
summer time". It might be that the same issue caused your clock not to
update automatically as well.

MEF

--
__ Mary Ellen Foster __ http://www.iccs.informatics.ed.ac.uk/~mef/ __
So if someone says: "Let's see The Cat in the Hat"--