Re: dual booting XP and Fedora

Daryl Fournier wrote:

I would like to know if there is any issues for dual booting XP and Fedora, I install XP first, know problem, then get Fedora to boot, but the issue is partition.u

If you press CTL-ALT-F2, are you able to setup the partitions from terminal 2, using fdisk (Linux)?

The only issues that I have read and have had myself were with sometimes needing to add an additional entry in the XP grub entry is to add the parameter makeactive to get XP to boot.

When ever I try to create partitions it tells me I cannot. I have done it know problem with Win2000, but XP is giving me some grief. I am using Grub as boot loader, I can get to everything up to partitions, need some advice.

Do you have unpartitioned space to create the partitions?

Please and Thank you, also I hope nobody took my last posting as an insult, I was not worried about backwords compatibility issues, I beleive in the future, my only concern was the fact as the person said from South Africa, that Fedora will become a pay support service, Like they said if for some reason I have to pay for support I cannot afford it, I do not live in America, where I live my currency sometimes is only half of there dollar, so it can get expensive. So I meant not disrespect to the community, and apoligize if I offended anyone. It was a question. And I appriciate any help I get.

I live in America and don't really want to pay for support either. I was thinking of paying for RHN premium access, but fortunately passed on the $60 a year deal. Some services come, others fade. Computer OS'es should not cost anything. Ideas grow fuller when free. IMO.

No offense.

Jim

Daryl Fournier

-- Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.