Re: Determining IP information for eth0 failed

As far as the ping failing, have you verified the eth0 adapter is initialized and running.?
"serivce network restart" as root will handle that usually if not already up.

The GUI said it is active... (?) how can i be sure?
'service network restart' fails on bringing up eth0... so i guess thats my problem

thats one to chew on, i have been anyhow.

Cheers,
Jeroen

My latest problem is just the opposite, when I attempt to shut down or reboot FC1, it hangs when it reaches

"Shutting down interface eth0"

I have to power down to get past this.
Once again, this was working fine a few days ago.
Any ideas?
TIA
 Bert