From: Chadley Wilson <chadley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2004 19:01:10 +0200
To: fedora-list <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Make a distro from installation

> Guys I am sure I has bee discussed before,
> Where do you get the docs on how I can turn my current installation into
> a distro.
> Basiclly what I must have is a recovery cd.
> But I am unsure of which route to take.
>

> I have not added any thing to the distro except for some drivers.
> and run some updates on the existing packages.
>
> It will be used for mass production of pcs aimed at the home-user
> market.
> We have about 10 different specs and I have incorporated into my "image"
> support for all the systems. In other words I have one hard drive and It
> works on plugin with a few hardware changes detected by kudza on ten
> different spec systems. I have a few kernels in in grub. One is the
> stock FC1 and the other two are the amd 64 and intel 64 and the smp. We
> will just edit the grub.conf for the relevant  spec and remove the
> unwanted entries
>
> So any ideas would be appreciated,
> What we aim to do here is give the client a set of cds free with the
> system that he/she purchases and if they bugger up the system then they
> can simply reload from the cds.
> They will obviously get advice telephonically. The  idea is to have a
> std disc that my support techs can learn to use for a system re-install
> / recovery / repair both telephonically and onsite.
> --
> Chadley - Linux Rocks
> Welcome to my world.
> This mail is free for distribution. You are free to - delete it - resend
> it - use it in anyway that makes you happy. I am not responsible for it
> or its content due to ignorance.
> Enjoy the adventures of Linux

+( duncan brown
+( duncanbrown@xxxxxxxxx
+( http://www.linuxadvocate.net

she's crashing her car in an intersection
she did not see the light
she's walking round and round in a shopping mall
as if she had no sight
dreams are only clouds that form and dissipate
the sky is a highway for metal birds
and land is real estate
she does not understand
her world depends upon a history of lies
she walks right by all her old high school friends
for she has dollar signs in her eyes
  - the dead milkmen, "dollar signs in her eyes"