Re: GPG signatures and list mail

Am Do, den 01.04.2004 schrieb Jonathan DeSena um 16:18:

> I am not sure why I have this problem in Evolution and others do not. I
> am using evolution-1.4.5-7 straight out of Fedora Core 1. No fancy
> setup. I do have gpg installed. I have not used it yet myself though.

Ok, then Evolution should not be the problem. I am running Evolution
from FC1 too, no enhancements, just GPG signing activated.

> I read this list at work, so maybe this is happening due to the mail
> server setup? I think the mail server is some Microsoft product.

That could explain all. My brother gave me the feedback once too. They
have Exchange as their central mail server at office. This crap of
server has a fair amount of bad behaviours and disregards standards. I
think he said he got my GPG signed mail as an attachment with the name
"SMIME.txt". Doesn't this say all? S/MIME is a total different signing
method than GPG/PGP and if the server can not distinguish those it is
clear what happens ...

> Some think that anyone with this problem should just switch mail readers
> or keep quiet. Up to now I did keep quiet, but you asked. Personally, I
> would like to find out why this is happening to possibly fix it.

Right, I asked and did request for controversy feedback. Of course it
would be better if no one would have problems with GPG signing.

> Maybe I will test Mozilla mail (which I find inferior to Evolution for
> my purposes) to see if it is the client or some server setup. Until now
> I assumed your client created the attachments.

Fine, looking forward for the next reply by you. I bet 1$ it is
Microcrap Exchanger.

> Jon

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 1 (Yarrow) on Athlon CPU kernel 2.4.22-1.2174.nptl
Sirendipity 17:21:54 up 13 days, 1:03, load average: 0.25, 0.19, 0.39
                   [ ÎÎÏÎÎ Ï'ÎÏÏÎÎ - gnothi seauton ]