Re: grub.conf help (w/ XP)

Michael A. Peters wrote:

Windows was installed as the master drive.
Due to issues with Fedora C2T1 installer - I wanted to easily detach the
windows drive whenever installing a linux distro. To facilitate that - I
made the XP drive be the slave - and use a boot loader on a floppy
called "gag" to boot windows, as it can switch the drive letters so the
XP thinks it is still on C:\ and doesn't have a heart attack.

That works - but I'd rather not have to insert a floppy every time I
want to boot windows, I'd rather do it from grub.

I tried adding the following to grub - which I thought would work
(switching drive letters) based upon the documentation - but it doesn't
seem to:

title Windows XP
       map (hd0)(hd1)
       map (hd1)(hd0)
       rootnoverify (hd0,0)
       chainloader +1

Anyone know why?
Shout the rootnoverify line refer to (hd1,0) even though I already
have used map to switch them?

Here's my pertinent grub.conf section:
title Win2K
       map (hd1) (hd0)
       map (hd0) (hd1)
       rootnoverify (hd1,0)
       makeactive
       chainloader +1

I don't know if it makes a difference that I mapped hd1 to hd0 first or not, but certainly the makeactive is needed... :)
Also, looks like the rootnoverify needs to refer to the original drive.

--
Keven Ring               | The called it Paraside, I don't know why
The MITRE Corporation    | Call somplace Paradise - Kiss it Goodbye