Re: VPN with Fedora - PPTP

On Thu, 01 Apr 2004 01:31:05 +0200, Sébastien Bisoglio <bsebastien@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Christoph Wickert wrote:

I know IPSec is better but my ISP router can't route packets for IPSEC vpn... I can just route TCP or UDP packets !

I dont'know what is open-VPN... L2TP ? Ipsec ? PPTP ? OTher ?

Then you should be just fine with openvpn as it uses the OpenSSL protocol for securing the tunnel. If your router can't route SSL packets then it's not a router it's scrap.

--
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Mark Haney
Development, Systems and Network Administration
DoctorDirectory.com
http://www.doctordirectory.com