Re: Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

Chalonec Roger wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

My users are very unsophisticated.  I would like to be able to scan the
uploaded file but do not know if ClamAV or another can detect viruses on
FTPed files, especially if the file is infected with a Windows virus but
stored on a Fedora server.

Check out f-prot:       http://www.f-prot.com

They have versions for *nix and Windows. On the linux server, you could have a cron job that runs f-prot on the ftp directory every 10 minutes, or so. On the Windows client side, f-prot runs a 'Real Time Protector', and if the user tries to access a known virus, Real Time Protector will pop up a window letting the user know the file contains a virus.