Re: Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

On Wednesday 31 March 2004 10:43, Chalonec Roger wrote:
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> My users are very unsophisticated.  I would like to be able to scan
> the uploaded file but do not know if ClamAV or another can detect
> viruses on FTPed files, especially if the file is infected with a
> Windows virus but stored on a Fedora server.

I can't imagine that it wouldn't detect viruses that are typically
native to Windows machines (me thinks, it wouldn't have much use
otherwise).  I use a NAI product and it works just fine on most any
Linux distribution I've tried it on.  It shouldn't take but a few
minutes to determine if ClamAV will work for you, just do a quick
scan of your mail directories and I'd be very surprised if you didn't
see a virus or two unless you filter them out first.

Regards,  Mike Klinke