Re: building rpm from tar.gz od bz2 - solved

Oh my god, checkinstall is absolutely amazing.
It does do exactly what I want, yammi.
Thank you a lot, Fred

michalz

Fred wrote:

If you don't have a .spec file, then the easiest way to do what you want is to use a program like CheckInstall. See:

http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/

Lucas Brasilino wrote:

Hi

I red in rpmbuild manual It's possible to build binary package from tar archive. All I need is to pass right arguments to ./configure script, make and build rpm package. Does exist any simple way to do it without spec file? For example build rpm after make.

AFAIK, nopz. Remember that rpm package ships a lot of information besides binaries, like license, vendor, packager, changelog, etc.. etc.. etc..