Re: Isos do not boot

On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 09:49:20PM +0000, John Pearson wrote:

> Iso do not boot.
>

> I have downloaded the set of iso marked FC2-test2-i386-disc*.iso.  The first
> image of the set I have downloaded twice.  The md5sums check.  I have burned
> the image to glass on 3 different machines.  I do not get a cdrom that is
> bootable.  I have attempted to boot three different machines with the
> disk(s).  The image is mountable on my primary machine, which is running
> RedHat 7.3.
> I am sollicting direction here.  I have exhausted my resources for the
> moment.

You are asking a question about a test release.
However, This is not the test release mailing list!

In this case the initial boot disk (disc #1)  has problems.

The work around is to use the FC2-test1-i386-disc*.iso
and at the first chance switch disks to FC2-test2-i386-disc*.iso.

For some reason the initial boot sector/image/sector or some thing
is not getting burned for most users.  All the other bits are fine.

Follow the discussion on the test mailing list.
There are other fun issues to be aware of....

Sounds like you need to download and burn one more disc.

       AND

Subscribe to  fedora-test-list@xxxxxxxxxx