Help needed tracking out hardware problem...

Hi,

As the guarantee of my laptop nears it's end the laptop has started to
have unwanted symptoms. Namely it shuts itself down without no apparent
reason. My guess is that it suffers from overheating and bails out.
Usually I get this after an hour of work and running a long sequence of
database queries (selects and inserts, about 20000 inserts and selects).
I've been told that the board and processor probably have built in
sensors for heat and several other goodies that could help me to
diagnose the problem but I have no clue whatsoever how to read them. I
guess I need something compiled in kernel and a suitable client program
to record and display the values in real time. Any suggestions or
keywords to throw in for google?

Regards,
--
Mauri "mos" Sahlberg	Pretax Systems Oy	+358 207 44 2228
Technology Evangelist	Pääskylänrinne 8	+358 207 44 2201