No Mixer?

Recently the power went out in my home, and it was off for a number of hours. When the power was restored, my box powered back up. To my surprise though as I logged into Xserver is that I get no sound. I noticed the KMix icon down in my panel had and X by it. When I clicked on it asks me which mixer to use. There is no mixer to select :( . Fedora detects my sound card so I know its not an issue with that. I'm wondering if its an issue with the drivers. I just cant believe a power outage would cause this. If anyone has any ideas I surely welcome them. :)

Austin