Re: KDE with duel heads - for referance

jludwig wrote:
I never considered modifying default anti-aliasing or font rendering. I
don't use xinerama since xinerama stretches the screen. This leaves me
with, in essence, two single monitor systems using the same display
manager, mouse and keyboard. I found that I much prefer running this way
even though I can't move applications from one screen to another. At
times it is inconvenient but the lessening of visual strain
significantly increases the overall usefulness and productivity of the
system.

Sorry, I know this is off topic, but I'm curious. How does being able to move windows between displays create visual strain? On both my work and home dual-head machines I don't see any difference in how applications are displayed between xinerama, non-xinerama dual-head or just plain single head. I don't see any visual strain inducing problems at all.

The one exception to this had to do with a bug which used to exist in X that caused OpenOffice to put too much space between characters, this has been fixed, however.

Peter