RE: Samba - XP Home in peer-to-peer mode

I'm connecting from a Linux to a XP Home system. I managed to
do it without much trouble.

I think what you have here is permission problems on the XP side. (which
is what you noted already)

I can't provide more details as I'm on my Linux box. I can only say I use
this..

sudo mount -t smbfs -o username=xxx,uid=500,gid=500
//XP_IP_Address/sharename /mnt/xp_share