Re: Bogus Email- Need help to do detective work

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

Have a look at the mail in plain format (I am not common if and how
Mozilla mail can do that). Normally those fake mails are in HTML and you
need to look at them in raw format to see the HTML tags, to where they
direct. I sometimes get faked eBay mails and inspecting the HTML code
you can see that the URI links do not direct to eBay but Russian or
Romanian hosts.

You should too have a look at the full email header. There you can
follow the path the email took through the different mailservers.

Alexander

To see the raw e-mail message on mozilla , go to the "View" menu , "Message body as" and choose "plain text". This will give you all the headers , unformatted html code , etc.
If there are links in the message , see if they point to ip addresses.. Send the message source to your bank ,so can they can give this information to the police so they can track down these criminals.

--
Pedro Macedo