Re: RedHat-10.0 ?? what release is this?

On Sun, 2004-03-28 at 05:11, Thierry wrote:
> Bill Schoolcraft wrote:
>
> >-------<snipped>--------
> >Pink Tie 10 (Red Hat 10 Workalike)
> >Pink Tie 10 3 CD Installation Set
> >Shipping $6.99
> >Pink Tie 10 6 CD Install & Source Set
> >Shipping $12.99
> >-------<snipped>--------
> >
> >Thanks for any information on this.
> >

> It is Fedora Core 1. Since RH <stopped> at 9 but gave it away to the
> community, FC1 is in effect close to what RH10 would be.
> It is easier to market RH10 than FC1 for a company like cheapbyte
> Fedora is a RedHat sponsored project and they are still more than
> heavily involved in the development of it. Thanks guys for the great work!
> What has changed is the no commercial support and no off-the-shelf package.
> No flame here please, i am just summin'up for the regular user.
> This has been discussed at length so just look through the archive for
> the details.
> Hope this helps
> Thierry

Thierry,

I thought I read somewhere that RHEL is actually what RH 10 would have
been. I'm running WBEL on server and one workstation, which is an RHEL
clone. It seems more like RH 9 than FC1 does. (I'm running FC1 on
another workstation, too.)

It really doesn't matter to me which is true, but one has to wonder
since RHEL/WBEL will work better with RH 9 apps than FC1 does. What do
you think?

Paul