Re: Server Data Backup

spdemon6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello, I have I linux box that I am intending to reformat and install the OS again. The thing is I need to back upp all the data to my desktop [windows] including all files on the HD. I would like to keep permissions although it is not necessary. I have tried FTP through SSH and SMB connections. SFTP does not work and SMB says “cannot copy files”

You could try creating a big tar file of all the needed files. man tar will give you the options you should use (there some options to preserve permissions)... Then , you could scp the files to the windows box ...

--
Pedro Macedo