Re: Best AntiVirus for Fedora Core 1

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 03:01, Richard Welty wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:12:35 -0500 Travis Fraser <travis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Clamav cannot disinfect files from what I understand.
>
> just kill 'em, there's no point in messing around these days.

With ClamAV, quarantine (rather than delete) is probably best.  I've
seen various types of false hits.  Overall, ClamAV is quite good.

I use ClamAV with samba-vscan to help protect a few dozen Windows
systems.  When it detects an infected file it denies access and sends a
detailed winpopup message to the client.  I created a cron job to send
the list of infected files to the administrator each day.  That way a
human can decide if the file really is infected.  Most importantly, the
log tells which computer was reading/writing the infected file.

--
 David Norris
  http://www.webaugur.com/dave/