Re: problems compiling with Qt

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Thompson" <JohnThompson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 26, 2004 3:08 PM
Subject: Re: problems compiling with Qt

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 02:15:29 +0100
> Alexander Dalloz <alexander.dalloz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > Call me crazy lucky guy or badly laugh - I downloaded the kgpg source,
> > untared it, changed to the sources dir, did no export of the KDEDIR as
> > I am a Gnome user and run ./configure.
>
> I am as well, partly because of things like this.  Qt and I have never
seemed to get along.

> > It states that -lqt-mt was not found but did not mess up. Did you set
> > up anything special with your QT? I was irritated before because it
> > seems you have a directory /usr/lib/qt3 which is AFAIK no FC1
> > standard.
>
> I only installed FC1 less than a month ago.  The Qt stuff is bog-standard
from the installation. I have changed nothing related to Qt. Until I
installed FC1, I was completely unable to run any Qt material at all -- I
mean for several years I never even bothered looking at anything that used
Qt because I've never been able to get it to work and had completely removed
Qt from my system.  Since installing FC1, I've seen that Qt programs now
work for me, but I still can't compile using Qt.